Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ciao Tutti!

From Jenna:
We actually made it! We hadn't exactly planned on creating a blog like this for the trip, but we have free wifi at our hotel, and as an avid blogger myself, I knew that this would be the best way to keep you all updated on our travels. By creating a blog, we can put pictures up easier, and have a nice little record of the trip for ourselves. Those of you who read my other blogs will most likely get some in-depth stories about our travels when I get back, but this is where we will be letting everyone know how safe and happy we are.

My wonderful uncle drove us to the airport at 4 am, and then we somehow landed in Italy at 7 AM the next day. The time change thing can be a little confusing, but we both stayed up pretty much all night the night before packing and so we slept really well on the plane and woke up feeling great when the plane landed. I had my first Italian conversation within a few minutes of arriving at the airport, and I haven't stopped since. I kept us from getting ripped off from a shuttle driver who was trying to convince us that the best option to get to our hotel was a shuttle for 25 per person. I used my Italian skills to talk to the taxi driver and found out a taxi was only 40. We dropped off our luggage and went out exploring for a little bit. We came back a little tired, showered, and then fell asleep for several hours.

It's time to go out and eat (those silly Italians, eating at 9:00 pm at night), and then we hope to get to bed early and sleep tight tonight to wake up early and squeeze as much into our day as possible.

More updates coming soon!
If you would like to comment on how fun our trip looks, please feel free to do so!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your dress hanging in the window already looks so romantic! Ah Rome...

Cate Subrosa said...

Wow, thanks for sharing the photos, it looks like you're having a lot of fun already! And your mum is gorgeous :)

Jenna said...

miss capitol hill-It only got better from there. Thanks for following me over ;)

Guilty-I love the word mum. I'll let her know you said that.